Friday, June 16, 2006

pot.... meet kettle....

I was watching a TV show earlier this week where the "reporter/investigator" was setting up and catching people with some nasty addictions. They'd set them up with a fake "chat" on the computer, and then get them to come to a house where the reporter would confront them with their problems, ask them why they did it, and then let the "perps" get arrested. Now, don't get me wrong... what these guys were doing was nasty, wrong, sick and every other word you can think of. And, I was glad that they were getting these guys off the street. But, at the same time, something about the whole set-up seemed bad. I figured out that what was bothering me was the attitude of everyone involved in the set-up. The reporters and crew people all acted so self-righteous in their disgust at these guys. It made me begin to wonder what sin, what secrets and what addictions these guys were hiding under their "squeaky clean, helping society" exteriors.
As I thought about it and got more and more annoyed, I realized that I probably do the same thing. I look at others around me, espcially those who don't believe in Christ, and think how ridiculous they are for not understanding the enormity of God's grace. I think how terrible they are with their "worldly" attitudes and their "worldly" objectives. I realize that under my "sqeaky clean" exterior is sin and secrets - just the same as the sin and secrets those around me have.
YUCK, and I thought blogging would be FUN!

No comments: