Thursday, June 08, 2006

greetings


I've been tossing around the concept of beginning a blog for weeks now. Some of my new friends do it, but I've always struggled with the concept of grasping that people I don't know are actually interested in reading ANYTHING I have to say. It all seems on the verge of self-centered and conceited. But, hey, why not me!! To explain the title of my blog seems to be a good way to start.This is where the phrase I'm Third comes from - my years at Camp Highlands for Boys. I went to camp there for several years as a kid in the late 70's and early 80's, and then worked there as a staff in the mid-80's. It is the most gorgeous place on Earth and probably my first true guarantee that God existed. There is no way that anyone but God could create a place more beautiful and perfect on Earth. God reminds us in Romans that in Romans that the "creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." If the creation is in bondage in Northern Wisconsin at Camp Highlands, God's perfect love must be amazing, because that creation is pretty amazing as it is. Anyways, I'm Third comes from the story at Camp Highlands that God is first, others are second, and I'm Third. It's a nice way to learn about a moral life as a kid, but a great way to begin to grasp the truths of Christ when you become older - it's therefore been a great impact on my life.
Beyond that - brief background - I am an assistant prosecuting attorney with Saint Charles County, Missouri - Just outside of St. Louis. I've been a lawyer for 10 years, prosecuting for 6 (the previous 4 were spent on the "dark side"). I have a loving wife, Julie and two wonderful daughters, Katherine and Elizabeth. I hope to share some of the struggles and joys of my home life and my professional life - intertwining those with my faith. If you get bored, go someplace else... :) Just kidding.

No comments: