Thursday, June 22, 2006

it'sbuzz.com

There really aren't two more appropriate words to describe Seattle - "buzz" (i.e. caffeine, i.e. Starbuck's) and "dot com" (what most of the city is built on). Seattle is quite an impressive place. Of course, most people think of rain, but both times I've been here (including this time), it's been gorgeous weather.
I've had two experiences since I left for this conference that have really drawn me closer to God. I'm just going to discuss my morning walk in Seattle for now - the other one - having to do with the love I have for my family - will come later.

I took a walk this morning down by Puget Sound, and I was struck by the fact that God's creation is once again so beautiful, even in it's depraved state. I was also struck how a new place and a change of scenery could really energize me. I've been struggling for weeks to start exercising again, but for whatever reason, I've been completely unmotivated. Then today, all of a sudden, in a new surrounding, I feel the desire to get out and see God's creation, and see something new - and the energy just came. Why is that? Is there something wrong with being in the same routine day after day - I don't think so. But I do think that from time to time, when God pulls us out of that routine, he drives us closer to Him. I've been struggling with motivation in a lot of things lately - perhaps a little shake in the routine is what I need. Perhaps it's just the caffeine talking, but God uses everything, even business trips we dread - to draw us closer to Him.

No comments: