Friday, June 09, 2006

iPods and a "Windfall"

I'm not quite sure what the two things in my title have in common, but they're on my mind this morning. I watched the NBC tv show "Windfall" last nite. It was an interesting commentary on the human condition. I think it could prove to be interesting point of conversation when discussing true human depravity. Besides the fact that Luke Perry should never be allowed to portray a father of two children (that makes me feel old), the whole show has a great premise, and it will be interesting to see where the storylines go.
Perhaps the connection between the show and iPods are the fact that "Windfall" had some awesome music. There are several posts on the bulliten board regarding the music included in the program. I've always been very much into music, and my iPod has really drawn me back into that. The interesting thing is that I've discovered a variety of music that draws me in because of it's depth. I love the fluff, don't get me wrong, but lately, I've found groups like Live, Nine Days, Switchfoot, The Calling and Lifehouse. They all have depth in their music - not all Biblically based, but thought provoking none the less. Perhaps the connection is listening to the music and putting the "theology" of secular music into a Biblical world view. There's one song on Live's new CD, Songs from the Black Mountain that discusses Jesus Christ and Buddha in sequential lines. Intersting, huh? At least I think it is.
iPods are a great concept, and I've often wondered how they fit into the post-modern world. I've found the constant desire to update and change what's on my iPod is the greatest aspect of it, and somehow that constant change certainly could apply to a post-moderen philosophy.

No comments: