Monday, April 21, 2008

Mental Exercise

For the past 5 1/2 years, I have been successful (to varying degrees) with my exercise/weight battle. When I first started exercising and dieting, I lost about 90 pounds - quite a feat and a feat that I was very proud of. Since my initial loss, I have bounced back and forth within the lower 30 pounds of that range. It's quite frustrating as my weight loss/exercise regimen has become as much, if not more, about my mental attitude about things. It takes a serious mental effort to get up and exercise, and I've had less and less success with that as the years have passed. Of course, these thoughts come on an "upswing", and I'm trying to figure out how to tackle this hurdle once again. I have always been amazed that dieting and exercise are as much of a mental issue as a physical one. It's amazing how the mental/emotional aspects of my life play into my success, or lack therof.

No comments: