Monday, December 18, 2006

a glimmer of the star

Just a quick post this morning to share a joyous "time out" that I experienced last evening. It was truly one of the first moments where the joy of Christ's birth took over my mind for even just a few moments. Katherine sang in last nite's Christmas service, and for just a few minutes I began to see her growth and maturity consume my heart to a point that the reality of Christmas overcame all the pain and frustration of this past week. It was a joy to see her sing so boldly and loudly in front of the congregation, and frankly, my heart was full of pride (a good pride, if there is such a thing) as many people noted her enthusiasm and joy as she sang about Christ's birth. The growth that she is experiencing evidenced itself just a little later, when as we were taking communion, she asked Julie about communion, and why she couldn't have any. It was at that point that I realized that she is growing up, and prayerfully, growing in the Spirit as well. I haven't come up with a good answer for her about the communion question, but the mere fact that she asked was a thrill - a chance for me to truly begin to share the Gospel and it's meaning with her.
Thank you Jesus for her heart and for that moment with her.

No comments: