Tuesday, August 15, 2006

can't have it both ways....

OK, so all of a sudden, I'm "Mr. Politico" on the blog. Sure, up to last week, I've discussed nothing but me, but hey - it's my blog - deal with it!
Anyways, I find it interesting that as the Iranians and Syrians claim a huge victory, we read the fact that there is very little information on the devestation in Israel, but the people of Lebanon have been trampled. Where is the victory? How can you have victory without devestating your enemy?
In the midst of all of this celebration by Iran, apparently they've established their own foreign press, which is now headed by Mike Wallace, formerly of the American CBS company. Although I didn't personally see the interview, most accounts are quite scathing, which means it must have been really, really bad. All articles I've read basically claim that Wallace gave Ahmadinejad a free pass to espouse his anti-semetic views, and even chimed in, referred to Israel as a "Zionist state". To me, that sounds strangely like comments made a couple weeks ago by a drunk guy who's been disowned by half of Hollywood!
Anyways, food for thought to consider where our media is actually at.

No comments: