Thursday, November 02, 2006

28 days (later)

It's been just about 28 days since I've last blogged, and I really can't explain the delay. The only thing that I can explain is that after a week or so, my mind was filled with so many things to discuss, I just gave up. I found that I had so many ideas, thoughts, emotions and experiences that I wanted to share, that there was no way I could do it in one entry - so I just didn't blog. Now, I'm back - there's still a lot on the table, but I figure I've got to start somewhere.
Perhaps the four or five main things that have occupied my mind in the past few weeks are some changes in my faith, my general observations on the heated political climate as the elections grow close, the Cardinals winning the World Series and some frustrations in my personal world. I'm sure if I spent enough energy, I could combine most of them into a single thought progression, but my head, and the heads of the two or three serious readers that I do have, might explode.
For me personally, I think the most significant thing that has gone on, besides the fact that I turned 39 a few weeks ago, is that I have really been convicted about my lack of commitment to Christ. Not that my faith is fragile, but I've been convicted that in order for me to grow, as I should want to grow, in my faith, I need to truly commit more time and energy to learning about Christ through His word. I have had numerous occaisions in the past few months where I have realized that in order for my witness to be more effective to some around me, I need to have a better command and grasp of the Bible. It's not that my faith or my salvation is dependant on this, it's just that I've realized that I am in a leadership position at Covenant, and for my leadership, and for God's work through my leadership to be more effective, I need to have a better grasp of the Scriptures. I guess when it boils down to it, the grasp of Scripture is the thing that will offer me a better grasp on all of the other things that are going on in my life, and in the lives of those around me.
We'll see how it goes.

No comments: