Saturday, May 03, 2008

One Month

It's hard to believe that my Mom has been gone for one month today. In some ways, because of all the things that have gone on during this past month, it really doesn't seem that long. Oddly enough, I've been more focused on other "sitautions" in the past few weeks, which in some ways, has drawn my heart and mind away from this loss. Now, because of the resolution of those things in my heart and mind, the "anniversary" makes this a little more prominent.
Unfortunately, even the happy experience of going to the circus with the girls and my Dad made the passing of my Mom a little more of the forefront thought today. It goes back to the "new normal" syndrome - realizing that my Dad is the one that's left to share so many experiences and memories with them. My Dad's presence in their lives is something I'm very thankful for. As far as the relationship that my girls have with my parents - the relationship with my Dad has been the more prominent. He is a very interactive and loving grandfather, and I know his love for them is incredibly evident to them.
Still, the absence of my Mom reminds me that there's no one else for my Dad to share those experiences with - even second hand. It always made her extremely happy to know that my Dad was enjoying time with his grand-kids. As I think back, it was a very selfless attitude that she had - at times it was more important that he was with them than if she was with them.
The days and the emotions ebb and flow. Today was just one of the days I realized that she was really gone.

No comments: