Friday, July 11, 2014

It's Alive!!

After a long, long dormant period, the blog is alive. It's alive again with new purpose and meaning, and hopefully, new encouragement and inspiration. About a week ago, I posted a series of pictures on my Facebook page that got a response that blew me away. I never expected the feedback in the form of "likes", comments, e-mails, private messages and so forth that followed. So many of my friends commented especially that my journey and transformation was inspiring to them, and that caught me off guard. It never was intended to be that, it was simply a chance that I finally decided I needed to take the step forward to put out into the interweb the reality of the last year of my life. In response to this, I felt the tug on my heart to share more - not to toot my own horn, but to share a little bit more in depth of where my life has come from, and where it's gone in the past year. Also to share a little bit of what this has all done to influence other aspects of my life - my family, my thoughts, my faith and so on. So to start, I'll give just an overview of how I've gotten to where I'm at. I hope that through all of this, I can encourage others to do the same with their lives. I"m always glad to give feedback, but please know - I DO NOT KNOW IT ALL, and I hope that I never come across that I do. This is my journey - it looks different from everyone else's journey, but the common factor is that to move forward in any area of life, you have to find something deep inside you that pushes you further than you've gone before. You have to find a drive and an excitement that you may have thought did not exist. It's there - it may be hard to find - but it is. I never thought I had it, but I did. And so can anyone else.

No comments: