Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's been too long since I've posted, and once again I'm sure that experiences and feelings have passed me by. I've been very wrapped up the last few weeks in my work. I had a big trial, which ended in a hung jury - definitely a hard thing considering the time, emotion and focus I put into things. It was a good lesson though - realizing that even the justice system that I try to so hard to work with isn't perfect - that the system that's supposed to convict the criminals and free the innocent is just as flawed as many other human inventions. It's caused me to reassess, once again, my job and how my job interacts with my faith.

I've been challenged in several settings to truly honor God with my work. Considering what I've been through, and sometimes, what I go through from day to day, that's a hard thing to remember.

No comments: