Tuesday, December 04, 2007

O Come, O Come Lord of Might

I was truly convicted and challenged by our Sunday School lesson at church this past week, and I've found that as my week has continued, I've been reminded of the lesson. We were challenged by one of the Covenant Seminary professors to look beyond the demands of the Christmas season, and to view the mighty power of the Lord that we anticipate. I confess that this has been a real struggle for me this year, as my work schedule has been absolutely swamped, and I've tried to begin celebrating at home. I've found that I'm unmotivated at work, partially because the busy-ness there has prevented me from some of my usual early holiday tasks, and in turn, my inability to do some of those tasks has made me less motivated at work. A nasty circle, to say the least.
I know that Christmas is not about lights, presents and the such, but being the father of three small children, it has brought me some joy to share those things with my kids, and to tie them to the true story of Christmas. Therefore, having not been able to do that has left me feeling like they're missing part of the joy, and then, I'm missing it too.
It's the continuation of the struggle to share the true joy of Christmas, but it's hard to get beyond the real world in doing that.

No comments: